Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dylan Tingey's First Race at Age 5 years Old!

I took the boys down to the track early on Friday to practice. I needed to dial my kart in with the new set of tires and wheels. And I wanted Dylan to practice to see if he would race. As soon as he turned 5 years old he was eligble to race and he has been asking to go for the last month. I have been very worried about him racing since he is so small. I set his throttle to only half of max. He went out and ran with the throttle as wide open as he could from the beginning!!! He told me to "give me more gas, Dad"!!!
I waited till the next morning before I gave him more gas.
There is alot of kids in this class. Dylan Tingey (#6) has to start in the back as a "rookie". But he ran really well for his first race. I gave him "more gas" for the first race and a boy ran into him on the second corner and they locked tires. After he got free he did not get lapped !!!! That is awesome for the first race.
He spun in the second race and I think it freaked him out, so he ran a little slower.
At the end of the day he got a trophy. He was pretty excited!
Now for my race: I figured out my set up pretty good, but I still have room to improve.

Heat#1: I started in 5th position and went to second after the first turn. Pepsi Fox made a mistake and I passed her in the "thumb". I led the rest of the race. Jared Simcox struggled to get fourth. So, I finished in first by several seconds.

Heat #2: I started in second and was in first for most of the race. Jared did catch me near the end and was bump drafting with me to put some distance between us and Pepsi. He passed me on the straight with one lap left. So I finished second.

Main: I started on the pole and got a good start. I pulled away and beat them all with a 8 second lead!! First Doug Tingey Second Jared Simcox and Third Pepsi Fox.
Jackson took a picture of Dylan and I after the trophies were handed out.

Doug's First Place Medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment