Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sunoco Utah Championship Race #9

Awesome day for racing! Dylan ran very well in his class. Here he is passing Hemi Yackovic. It was her first race ever and she did really well. Dylan takes the checkered flag at the end of 14 laps! McKenzie (#51 )started third in Heat #1 and got tagged by Kaitlin Malloy in the first corner. They both spun out into the dirt. She finished 13th out of 17. She started the Main in 13th and quickly jumped to 10th and ran there behind #79 and #42 the rest of the race. Good job girl! Only 2.4 seconds a lap off the leader. McKenzie has no weights on her kart and minimal gas in her tank! She is running 10 to 15 lbs over the minimum. She will run the rest of this year in the Junior 1 class and then move up to Junior 2 next year. Then she won't have a weight disadvantage. Now for Doug's races (#115).
Jolene said that these were the most exciting races she had ever seen. Heat #1 - I started in third and finished 4th after taking the lead on lap 5 and taking turn 1 to fast and dropped a tire in the dirt and went "farming". Heat #2 - I was nose to tail with Jared throughout the race. Then on the last lap I put a move on him and passed him with two turns to go for the victory. Awesome move for first place! Then came the Main race. I started on the pole, but Jared and Karen hooked up to pass me into turn one. The guy behind me was no help! There we raced 10 laps nose to tail...Most of the time, I was bumping Jared so that we would not lose Karen. This is how close I run 55 mph behind him!!
I was able to push Jared past Karen on lap 9.
Then on lap 10, it was going to be my turn to pass Karen. I set her up to pass and I clipped a turn curbing a little to much and my chain came off!!! Race over for me. Jolene took the picture of me out there cussing at my kart. The redemption is that I set fastest lap times in all three races! It was a blast. I'll get them again in two weeks.
We went to the MillerSPorts Park Clubhouse for Dylan's trophy. As you can see it was a beautiful day at the track.
Shannon gives Dylan his trophy and tells him to stand still so dad can get a picture!
The family photo in the clubhouse as Porsche 911's race in the background.We had alot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment